Hi, I'm LouiseA copywriter for small businesses who want to ditch their DIY content, free up time and present themselves to their audience as the talented and professional business owners they are.
I help service-based business owners get intentional with their content
And win clients with ease
Let me guess, you’re here because…
- You’re overwhelmed with writing marketing content – that wasn’t what you signed up for.
- Your business is growing beyond your DIY capabilities – you’re ready to step things up.
- You want to reclaim your time and energy – and focus on working in your zone of genius.
- You want sign-ups and sales when you launch a new thing – not crickets.
You’re looking for a copywriter for small businesses who knows how to talk your ideal clients’ language. Who can create engaging content that gets them excited about the transformation you bring. And, most importantly, compels them to act.
That someone is me!
My mission is to empower service-based business owners with content that connects powerfully with their audience, builds relationships with those that need their help, and attracts new clients.
Hi, I’m Louise Fowen
This is the part where I’m supposed to say I’ve loved writing since I was knee high to a grasshopper and won multiple awards at school for my beautifully crafted prose. But it didn’t happen like that for me. I kind of fell into copywriting by accident.
After dropping out of teacher training college (what was I thinking!), I found my way into working in Marketing, then internal comms for a corporate company, where I worked for 20 years.
Although I was never officially a ‘copywriter’ during that time, writing consumer and employee facing content was a huge part of every role I took on. And I was actually pretty good at it.
So, when I was made redundant and found it impossible to find a job to fit around school runs, an ex-colleague suggested freelance copywriting.
Ping! A lightbulb went off in my head. I honed my skills, learned everything there is to know about being a copywriter for small businesses and launched in 2019.
I was dreading updating my website content again. I usually enjoy writing, but trying to ‘sell myself’ feels hard and I kept going down the rabbit hole of too much detail, too many words.
Being connected with Louise on LinkedIn, I felt I had some good insight into her work – she’s really helpful in her posts and I like her own website copy. And then one day she posted about ‘website shame’ and I knew I had to have her help!
So, I booked a call with her and signed up straight away!
Everything about working with Louise was easy. She was clear on the whole process – what she’d do, how we’d work together, my own responsibility – and she delivered everything well within her own timescales.
From the first version, I was excited. Reading how Louise described what I do and offer, made so much sense and in a really clear way.
And there was an unexpected bonus – as I was reading Louise’s copy I saw how I could strengthen my services!
So now I have a brand new website and new programmes, and am feeling ‘website excitement’!
Thank you Louise, you’re a star and it’s been a real pleasure to work with you.
What are the benefits of hiring me?
Enhanced message clarity
Higher conversion rates
Get well-crafted content that uses persuasive language and calls-to-action to encourage potential clients to take the next step – whether that’s making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, or contacting you.
Increased brand authority
That’s enough about work stuff… what about the real me?
- I’m a wife and mum to one wonderful teenager, working from home in Southampton (UK) in my cosy little office.
- Cappuccinos are life! They’re like a little warm hug in a mug. Costa is my favourite, but I usually just make them at home… the bigger the mug the better!
- My co-workers are my cats! Maisie and Polly. Some days they don’t leave me alone. So, when you get on a Zoom call with me you might get a cat’s bum in your face (sorry about that!).
- I work out 4-5 times a week (Joe Wicks is my hero!). I’m a huge advocate for exercise to improve physical and mental health, and it’s what keeps me sane in this crazy world.
- My guilty pleasure is Haagen-Dazs strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Have you tried it? It’s delicious. I often scoff a whole tub in one sitting. Naughty, but nice!